Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weed Out Garden Mistakes

If you are anything like me, you love the idea of having a large and bountiful vegetable garden.  You imagine how beautiful it will look in full bloom, the great smell of fresh herbs in the summer sun, and best of all you anticipate the glorious fruits of your labor at harvest time. 

I have attempted to create this garden utopia year after year, and have found that perhaps my green thumb is really more of a brown twig.  In other words, I stink at gardening!  Yes, I have finally admitted it.  I can't seem to keep up with a large garden.  Every year I plant more and more with bigger and better visions of permaculture.  And each year I am disappointed again and again as the weeds rise higher than the plants and the deer eat what little harvest I do have. 

This year I have resigned myself to container gardening and perhaps a small flower and herb garden alongside my walkway.  Of course I will also have my greens garden with a variety of spinach, romaine, kale and radishes, which are the only things I seem to be able to grow reliably. 

For those of you who are new to gardening, or like me just can't seem to get it right, I have posted a link from Real Simple Reader's Top 10 Gardening Mistakes, Solved.  Trust me, I have done them all!  Well, except for the one about using too much pesticides, because obviously I don't use any pesticides.  Yuk!

6 comments:

  1. Also, if you are interested in a simple explanation of how to start composting, try this post:
    http://simplystated.realsimple.com/simplystated/2011/03/how-to-start-composting.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. Lsd for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Buy Blanco strain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. buy ecstasy (mdma/molly)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. unique smoking pipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the names I have developed in my head, there’s no doubt that people will get these names in their minds Bong Water Pipes for Sale Online

    ReplyDelete