Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

Buddha said, “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.”

Gratitude is often something that is overlooked in our busy lives, but it can have a major impact on our outlook and attitude. 

Try on an Attitude of Gratitude each morning by listing ten things you are grateful for, and see just how much you may have been taking for granted lately.

TEN THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR TODAY:

1.  My family, even if we are a bit dysfunctional.

2.  My work, no matter what the monetary gain may be.

3.  My friends, there may be a great distance between us, but I love you all!

4.  The Earth.  Face it, without her we would really be living in oblivion.

5.  Water.  So simple, yet it is the life force of all things.  And it helps me get through the day.  There is no   pick me up like a big refreshing glass of pure H2O.

6.  Local Farmers and farmer's markets.  Even if my green thumb is a bit moldy, thank goodness for those who can grow food taller than the weeds.

7.  Children, who are the future, and also a gift of joy and light to everyone they encounter.

8.  Pets, who give so unconditionally their love and ask so little in return.

9.  My Intuition, which guides me to my own Path to Wellness every day.

10.  The Internet, without which I would not be able to connect and share with all of you who have enriched my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment