Monday, October 10, 2011

Veggie Tales

The first week of the Whole Life Wellness Cleanse was pretty simple for me since I normally avoid processed foods anyway.  Week two and three are going to challenge me to get a little more creative.

This week I let go of meat and dairy in my diet.  I've been a vegetarian before, but I've never gone without cheese.  Yikes!   I do intend to continue to use butter and organic cage free eggs.  Healthy saturated fats are extremely important to all our body functions, and during a cleanse my body will need vital macro-nutrients like fats and proteins. 

The important thing to remember here is the quality of the ingredients.  Eating cheap supermarket eggs will do little for your health because they are loaded with the very toxins that you are trying to flush out.  Tour a local farm and buy your eggs there.  Some farmers will give you a discount on fresh eggs if you buy them regularly.    

Tonight I brewed a new batch of kombucha tea and prepared a salad for tomorrows lunch using the colorful cherry tomatoes I got for volunteering at Produce With Purpose.  I also started soaking some oats for breakfast.  Leaving processed, sugar infused garbage in the dust hasn't been hard, at least not after the first couple days of cravings.  Now lets see how easy it is to let go of meats and dairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment